WE SUGGEST TO VISIT:
- THE ANCIENT THEATRE OF EPIDAURUS
Ιn the hinterlannd of Epidavros , on a site enjoying a mild climate and plentiful water from healing springs, the Epidavrians founded the sanctuary of Asklepios, the most brilliant centre of healing in the ancient world.
The worship of gods of healing in Epidavros goes bact ti the prehistoric period . In the Mycenaen period, the hero-doctor Malos , or Maleatas , was worshipped on a peak of Mount Kynortion. After 1000BC , Apollo displaced the prehistoric deity , and assumed his name . Apollo Maleatas continued to be worshipped in his sanctuary even after the foundation of the Asklepieion , until the end of the ancient world. His cult evolved into that of Asklepios, culminating in the 6th c.BC with the foundation of his major sanctuary of healing.
- PERFORMANCES OF ANCIENT THEATER OF EPIDAVROS
- THE ANCIENT PATH OF EPIDAURUS
- THE TWISTED OLIVE OF HERCULES
- THE NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM OF ASCLEPION
- THE HOLY MONASTERIES OF THE TAXIARCHS-AGNOUNTOS-KALAMI
- AGHIA MARINA (17ND CENTURY A.D.)
AND THE PYRAMID OF LIGOURIO
- ΑΡΧΙΟΛΟΓΙΚΟ ΜΟΥΣΕΙΟ ΝΑΥΠΛΙΟΥ
- ΑΡΧΑΙΟΛΟΓΙΚΟ ΜΟΥΣΕΙΟ ΜΥΚΗΝΩΝ
- THE MUSEUM OF HONEY ΙN KRANIDI