THE OLIVE OIL as A COSMETIC
The organic extra virgin olive oil has many beneficial properties for health, growth and maintenance of the skin.
• Rich in Omega: 3 and Omega: 6, it protects the cell membrane from the loss of water through the cell and prevents the entry of toxins from the skin.
• Its rich content in vitamins (ascorbic acid, niacin, pantothenic acid, B6, D, E and K) nourishes the skin and helps develop and maintain healthy skin.
• The presence of vitamin E promotes the creation of collagen and elastin, hampers ultraviolet radiation and protects against oxidation.
• It is a source of trace elements (Ca, Fe, K, Na, Zn, Cu, Mn, Se), necessary for the structure of new tissues and vital skin functions.
• It contains amino-acids which are very important components of skin’s normal moisturizing factor (NMF) and are necessary for maintaining normal metabolic activity of cells, as they are involved in the synthesis of collagen, elastin and keratin.
• Significant is its content in squalene, which has antioxidant activity.
• It protects against UV radiation and creates a protective film over the skin resulting in protection from moisture loss.